Offset your carbon emissions today by subscribing to TENZING 🌱
- A vegan diet can provide you with more fibre and antioxidants than an ordinary meat and dairy filled diet as well as increased levels of potassium, magnesium and a whole array of vitamins. All of these help to maintain a consistent blood pressure and a healthier heart.
- Vegan diets are free from smoked & processed meats, as well as dairy products, by cutting these from your diet, it is thought to decrease your risk of certain types of cancer.
- Eating an abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables is believed to lower your risk of heart disease.
- With thousands of people switching to a vegan diet, this is probably the biggest way to reduce environmental damage to planet Earth – not just greenhouse gases but land and water use too.
- Not only do animals produce methane gas (predominantly cows), but farming and producing meat requires vast amounts of energy during the raising, slaughtering and transportation of animals which all contributes to the growing level of fossil fuels. By removing these from our diet, we can help to cut the growing level of fossil fuels.
- Fresh water is a very scarce resource. Animals need fresh water provided to drink, wash and to clean their inhabited spaces. Plants require much much less water during production, which means we can all help to conserve gallons of water!